Sunday, July 27, 2008

What a Week!

This last week and a half has been a whirlwind of activity.

Last Wednesday, I took J to PA to spend a week with my parents. He had such a great time. They took him to Hershey, visited the relatives, played, played and played. He is already ready to go back again.

I left from PA on Thursday and flew to Memphis. I spent a few days with the Annie Moses Band at their Fine Arts Summer Academy. I had a great time, and it was exciting to see what the kids learned in a week!

The next stop was still in Memphis, but at Bellvue Baptist Church. I spent some time there with Joy, the director of the Performing Arts Center. She was such a kindred spirit. She was so helpful and encouraging. That stop alone made the whole trip worthwhile.

I flew back to PA late Tuesday night. I spent Wednesday with my family. I just love them! Then J and I returned to VA on Thursday.

Friday was spent at the former LCA building preparing classrooms to paint and finalizing details for painting. Saturday was spent with a group of around 35 people who helped us paint several classrooms. We still have some to go, but it is progress.

Today is Sunday, and I am exhausted! We are off to church, and I am definitely taking a nap!

1 comment:

katiecutehair said...

So glad that you had a productive week. Hope it was beneficial... Glad J got to hang with your parents. I am sure they had a great time.
Love you all.

Of Fire and Lions by Mesu Andrews

Those who know me best know that I love to read. I have read a lot of Biblical/Historical fiction books in my life, and Of Fire and Lions...