Friday, October 3, 2008

Palin Power and a Few Other Thoughts

I caught the end of the Vice Presidential debate last night, and I must say that I truly was impressed. The candidates were actually interesting to watch. I think what impressed me the most was that instead of typical mud-slinging politics, the candidates actually debated the issues.

Biden came out calm, collected and didn't ruffle any feathers...probably what the Obama campaign wanted. Palin on the other hand, came across as the friend next door...who fights when she needs to. I think she did better than what most people expected.

I love this review from FoxNews.com: "Sarah Palin saved John McCain again Thursday night. She is the political equivalent of cardiac paddles," conservative columnist Peggy Noonan, who was caught criticizing Palin in an off-camera moment in early September, wrote in The Wall Street Journal.

So will there be enough Palin Power to push McCain through? I sure hope so.

Oddly, though, as much as I love Sarah Palin, one thing does concern me: her children. As I watched her hold her baby and pat her daughters head at the end of the debate, it made me wonder why she feels that the Vice Presidency takes place over her family for the next four to eight years.

The other concern I have in regard to the election is that there are so many who do not approve of McCain or Obama that they choose not to vote at all. There may not be a candidate that is the ideal person that I as a Christian might elect, but there is definitely one that I would NOT elect.

So this year, my vote is against someone, not necessarily for someone.

If you choose to not use your constitutional right to vote this year, choose not to complain about politics for the next four years!

2 comments:

lottfam said...

Amen!! I think votes are REALLY going to count this year and it scares me to hear conservatives say they aren't going to vote. We have a lot of praying to do in the next month!

katiecutehair said...

Thanks for your thoughts friend... I am a bit thankful to be missing out on all of the campaigning this year... Don't worry though, I have the absentee ballot under way.

Of Fire and Lions by Mesu Andrews

Those who know me best know that I love to read. I have read a lot of Biblical/Historical fiction books in my life, and Of Fire and Lions...