Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Pancakes...pancakes...pancakes...



I come from an Italian family...from my size you can tell that the love language is FOOD. "Do you want more? No? Here...just a little bit. Finish it up." Yeah, I am in shape...ROUND! But, I digress...

My mother is an amazing cook! She can make just about anything, and it tastes delicious. So, I grew up "helping" in the kitchen. I am not an amazing cook, but my food is edible.

When I got married, one of the things that I could NOT make was pancakes. I knew how to make them, but inevitably, they would burn, or be raw inside, or be to chewy, etc...

Someone was kind enough to teach me to watch the bubbles on the top burst before flipping...

But, I never could master the art of the pancake...until today.

If you read my blog, you know that I love, love, LOVE, the Pioneer Woman's recipes. They aren't healthy, but they sure are yummy!

I was out of pancake mix, so I checked out the PW's site, and sure enough there is was...the recipe for Perfect Pancakes. I was so excited to try it out, but then I saw it called for cake flour and I didn't have any. So I looked up a substitution for cake flour (1/4 c. corn starch with 1 3/4 c. flour). I followed her recipe to a T...and yep, we had PERFECT PANCAKES for dinner.

Seriously, you need to try them out. YUMMY!!! Click here for the recipe.

Ree, you have once again saved the day...well, at least saved the dinner!!!

(photo by Ree Drummond)

1 comment:

katiecutehair said...

I want some of your perfect pancakes... And it's Thursday. Can you whip up another batch for tonight?

Of Fire and Lions by Mesu Andrews

Those who know me best know that I love to read. I have read a lot of Biblical/Historical fiction books in my life, and Of Fire and Lions...