Saturday, April 24, 2010

April Recap

Hello, Friends!

I did not fall off the face of the earth, but maybe just the blogosphere for a bit.

So much has happened since my last post. Let me update you a bit.

On April 10, my only brother Ken got married. All three of us were in the wedding along with my sister-in-law from Tim's side of the family and my niece. Jonathan was so happy because not only were my parents there, but Tim's parents were there also. Jonathan loved that we all stayed in a hotel and that he got to swim in the pool. Here are a few photos from the wedding:



Then, Jonathan turned 9 this year on April 15. So hard to believe that time goes so quickly! Since we had just spent a pretty penny for all of the wedding stuff, we ended up just having a small party with Jonathan and two of his friends at Chuck E. Cheese in Roanoke.



While we were in Roanoke, we stopped at Krispy Kreme and let the boys pick out their doughnuts for breakfast the next day. Of course they opted to eat a hot one that night.



We had a get together with some of our military wives this week, where we learned how to bake cakes in mason jars, so they can be shipped overseas to the soldiers. Please pray for the wives at home; this is such a huge sacrifice on their part!

Other than that, I have been so sick this week. Lovely stomach flu. Thankfully, I am finally starting to feel better. Now my poor hubby is coming down with it. Hopefully, J can avoid it!

That's it for now. Hopefully, I will keep up a little better in the coming days. Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Marshan said...

Beck!!
Your parents look exactly the same as they did, what?, like ten years ago when I first met them! Amazing! Tell them I said hello!

Happy Birthday, Jonathan!

katiecutehair said...

I love the picture of you with your parents. I hadn't see it yet. So cute! Sorry April was such a busy month, but I'm glad you've made the best of it!

Of Fire and Lions by Mesu Andrews

Those who know me best know that I love to read. I have read a lot of Biblical/Historical fiction books in my life, and Of Fire and Lions...